It has been a lot of fun reading everyone’s 2014 recaps. It’s strange how one year can go by so fast and so much can change at the same time! I am one of those saps that happens to get a bit nostalgic about the New Year! I like the idea of new beginnings, optimism, and looking forward to better things. Not that 2014 wasn’t an awesome year, because it totally rocked! Like most people, I went through highs and lows but feel like the positives far outweighed any negatives. This is going to be a quick and dirty post because I’m ready to start celebrating! My NYE plans are perfectly low-key…a bonfire, some wine, and some fireworks with my two favorite people!
Some of my running highlights in 2014 included….
- Ran 1155.55 miles!
- Running the Color Run 5K with Ilana! Race review/recap here.
- I won my first race, the Barlowe Bolt 5K, while supporting fundraising efforts for playground rehab in my BFFs neighborhood.
- A new marathon PR and winning 1st place in my division at the Garden Spot Marathon
- A new half marathon PR at the Annapolis Zooma race.
- Ran my first trail marathon and LOVED it…Northface Challenge 26.2.
- Running relays/fun runs with friends, and making new friends at the American Odyssey Relay, Warrior Dash, and my 5th D.C. Ragnar!
- Having Danny come to my races to support me and cheer me on!
Some of my running lows in 2014 included….
- Struggling with maintaining consistency and balance with my training (and the rest of my life).
- Having to defer Wineglass Marathon until 2015.
- Having to skip several other races due to work travel and injury.
- Getting injured (3 separate stress fractures in my right foot) and having to hang up my running shoes for 8 weeks while recovering.
- Accepting that 2014 was not the year for me to BQ
- Having to take a big step back with my training (which also was a good opportunity to reassess!)
I also happen to believe in New Years Resolutions, all though I don’t limit myself to making and working towards my goals to the 1st of the year! So whether you are a resolutions person, or someone who chooses to forgo the New Year’s pressure, here are some of my resolutions and what I’m going to call “Anti-resolutions” (As in, things I probably should do better at, but I’m realistic and going to admit up front I am not going to make any effort to improve upon them in the New Year 😉 )
- Be more positive
- Minimize the clutter and distractions from my life
- Find more balance and consistency
- Do more cross training
- Do more trail running!
- Run ultra-relay with friends (All ready registered for WV Ragnar Trail in June 2015!)
- Be less competitive with my running, and enjoy it more
- Enjoy life more
- Remember to take my vitamins!
- Drink more water.
- Stay injury free!!
- Continue to eat too much frozen pizza (What can I say, I’m hooked on Dijornos!)
- Continue to consume chocolate and red wine. Also, continue to talk about how much I like chocolate and red wine!
- Do not go into work early (I have a flex schedule and I like my sleep!)
- Continue check various social media sites daily (Facebook/Pintrest/Wordpress!)
- I will not stop day dreaming in the middle of conversations (Sorry, ADHD is a real thing!)
- I will not clean out my purse, but instead wait until one purse gets to0 cluttered, move my wallet into another purse, and throw cluttered purse at the bottom of my closet (Only to wait for my annual clean all of my purses out day!)
- I will continue to cave to running peer pressure to do various silly/fun races.
- I will not sort my socks, ever. Instead continue to throw them all into one giant clean sock basket.
Do you have any new year’s resolutions or “anti-resolutions”? 😉 Happy New Year everyone!!